About this tuition group
- Level: primary 1 to primary 3
- Subject: English
- Max Class Size: 3
Class days (1 Time(s) per week)
- Monday 08:30 AM - 10:00 AM
834 Woodlands Street 83
This is a listing for a small group tuition class. Students will have to visit the tutor's specified location every week.
To sign up, just book now and lias with the tutor directly!
- Great savings. Enjoy $15 off when you book here.
- No credit card needed. Please make payment directly to the tutor.
- 100% Satisfaction. Improve your grades fast.
More Information About This Class
It was really a memorable and enriching experience learning English from Mr. Shankar. He taught me during my Sec 4 year, and took me in despite having fewer than 4 months to prepare me for my ‘O’ levels. With his devoted teaching and guidance, I managed to score a distinction for my ‘O’ level English. His lessons were interesting, and I looked forward to them every week, despite the already huge stress from school work. Without his help, I would not have gotten my distinction in English. Thank you Mr. Shankar and I look forward to you coaching me in GP once JC begins!
Maris Stella High
“I never had a good Economics tutor or even a teacher during my time in JC. I actually fired 3 tutors prior to engaging Mr. Shankar. Although it was only a month before ‘A’ levels, he very quickly made me understand about myself first before understanding the subject. He has very unique and unorthodox coaching approach made every session both interesting and enriching. I was very inspired with his methods. He showered a great deal of individual attention and patience with me unlike my JC teachers and the other 3 tutors. He never shied away from my request and his response to me queries were immediate – a truly dedicated professional. In my 201I GCE ‘A’ Levels; I got an A when I was getting a C all this while. Mr. Shankar is now my mentor. He does not believe in giving advice or judging individuals – he shares and makes me realize things about myself I never knew. He is now coaching my younger sister in English, POA and Social Studies for her ‘O’ levels, Thanks Mr. Shankar”!
Pooja K., Serangoon Junior College
His professional experiences include:
• In the last 8 years, he has been coaching students, in an individual capacity, pursuing PSLE, GCE (‘O’ & ‘A’ Levels) IGCSE, IB, IP & Gifted programs with schools like HCI, RJC, ACS, NJC & NUS High School. With International Schools like SP Jain, UWC, ISS, Canadian Int’l, Dimensions College, FSI Institute, Stamford American, Tanglin Trust, St. Joseph’s Int’l and many more.
• 2012 to present – Currently an Independent Coach & Consultant providing, coaching, training and development for clients in both government & private enterprises based in the SEA & Indochina region of Senior Government Officials & MNCs at C-level, Senior & Middle Management staff focusing in the development of Education & Learning Academies for children and adults alike.
• 1997 to 2006 - Project Director with 3 different Training & Consultancy firms - Arts & Sciences Worldwide, AIC Worldwide & VMC Group Holdings.
• 1987 to 1995 – Head of Treasury with DBS bank.
• He was appointed as Centre Principal in one of SINDA’s cohort for a year in 2009, He was a part time tutor from 1987 to 2006. Became a fulltime tutor ever since; impacted and coached close to a 1000 children over the years.
• Level & Subjects focus are Upper Primary (EMS), Secondary (English, POA, Literature & Humanities), JC (GP, Economics, Accounting), Poly & University (Business & Commerce related subjects)
He is a Singaporean and married with 4 children. Qualifications include: BBA (Australia), Post Graduate Diploma (UK), Advance Diploma and Diploma in Business Administration (UK). He holds a Diploma in Life Insurance (SII) and Full ACTA Qualifications. He is a Certified Professional Manager awarded by The Society of Business Practitioners (UK) & also a Certified Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) Practitioner & Coach (ABNLP & NLPU) & Life Member of the APS (US).
Last 10 years, he has also developed and delivered 15 modules in areas of Leadership, Personal Effectiveness, Project Management, and Communication Skills. Currently working on the 16th Module for both Adults and children.
He has just started writing his first English book and pursuing his International Coaching Federation program. Serving as an Alumni member of his Secondary School and was instrumental in the transformation of the school’s vision to Thoughtful Leadership.
He is a passionate individual especially in the areas of Continuous Education and Life Long Learning. Have written articles in areas of Education, Energy and Environment for both Government & private agencies locally and regionally.
(Contact tutor directly for other slots)