About this tuition group
- Level: secondary 3 to secondary 5
- Subject: English
- Max Class Size: 4
Class days (1 Time(s) per week)
- Thursday 07:30 PM - 09:00 PM
62 Jalan Pacheli
This is a listing for a small group tuition class. Students will have to visit the tutor's specified location every week.
To sign up, just book now and lias with the tutor directly!
- Great savings. Enjoy $15 off when you book here.
- No credit card needed. Please make payment directly to the tutor.
- 100% Satisfaction. Improve your grades fast.
More Information About This Class
This is a preparatory class for the upcoming O level examinations. Secondary 3 students who want to strengthen their foundation in the English language are also welcomed!
Content and Language Mastery
Students will improve their grammar knowledge and skills by practising grammar editing and
sentence reconstruction exercises. Students will also learn to edit their responses for grammatical accuracy and coherence in writing.
Through our comprehension, summary practices and reading materials, our programme covers a wide range of general knowledge topics and current affairs to help students develop a global perspective and build their content knowledge for use in essay writing. These topics include:
• technology and science
• global and social issues
• inspirational figures
Skills and Techniques
Students will improve on critical reading and writing skills through our weekly lessons. These include:
• building writing skills by learning how to structure arguments in a logical and coherent manner
• honing summary writing skills by learning how to paraphrase effectively and organise responses to match question requirements
• enhancing comprehension skills through step-by-step approach on specific question types
Review and Reinforcement
Before their examinations, students will be trained in techniques and skills to help them excel in their examinable components. Our Secondary 3/4 programme aims to help students:
• refine their time management skills through practice tests in simulated exam conditions
• learn to analyse and review their errors so that they can identify and work on their weaknesses
• recap and review question analysis and answering techniques, as well as analyse assessment components
80% of distinction achieved for Class of 2019
Certified MOE teacher who has over 7 years in teaching Primary, Secondary and JC level English. Teaching materials are closely aligned to the MOE syllabus and guidelines.
Teacher's self-designed notes and worksheets are provided for every student. Students under my guidance achieved at least 1-3 grade improvement over a semester. Testimonials and students' track record can be provided upon request.