About this tuition group
- Level: primary 1 to primary 3
- Subject: Chinese
- Max Class Size: 5
Class days (1 Time(s) per week)
- Saturday 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM
727 Yishun Street 71
This is a listing for a small group tuition class. Students will have to visit the tutor's specified location every week.
To sign up, just book now and lias with the tutor directly!
- Great savings. Enjoy $15 off when you book here.
- No credit card needed. Please make payment directly to the tutor.
- 100% Satisfaction. Improve your grades fast.
More Information About This Class
Hello, my name is Jarvis Han Hong Yi and I have been working as a Chinese language tutor for the past four years. I have a Bachelor's degree in Chinese language specialising in teaching and I am passionate about sharing my culture and language with students from all backgrounds.
My teaching philosophy is centered around creating a fun and engaging learning environment that fosters creativity, critical thinking and cultural awareness. I believe that learning a language should be a fun and immersive experience that helps students to develop their language skills in a natural way. I use a combination of games, music, movies and authentic materials to make the learning experience more enjoyable and effective.
One of my most memorable teaching experiences was working with a group of elementary school students who were learning Chinese as a second language. To make the learning experience more engaging, I incorporated a range of interactive activities, such as games and songs, into the lessons. I also used visual aids, such as flashcards and posters, to help the students learn new vocabulary and grammar points. Over time, the students became more confident in their ability to communicate in Chinese and they started to develop a genuine interest in the language and culture.
Overall, my experience as a Chinese language tutor has taught me the importance of creating a fun and engaging learning environment that supports students' language acquisition and cultural understanding. By incorporating a variety of activities and materials, I have been able to help students of all ages and backgrounds develop their Chinese language skills and develop a deeper appreciation for the culture.
- 4 years of teaching experience
- Guaranteed Improvement in Grades
- Distinction in Translation
-Graduated with Diploma in Merit in Chinese Studies Education track with a GPA of 3.82/4. 3rd in Cohort
-Relevant teaching experiences having interned at the Ministry of Education Chinese Language Junior College Department for 6 months
- Specialized in Chinese language (Written and Spoken) and Creative Writing
- Versatile in English and able to utilise English to evoke student's passion in Chinese
- Distinction in Chinese Speech & Drama
-Distinction in Chinese Litreature
- Past and Current Scholarship holder
- Experiences in teaching both English and Chinese language
- Utilises Chinese on a day-to-day basis to communicate with family