About this tuition group
- Level: Junior College
- Subject: Chemistry
- Max Class Size: 5
Class days (1 Time(s) per week)
- Saturday 02:00 PM - 04:00 PM
808 French Road (Blk 808 / 809, Level 4) near Lavender MRT
This is a listing for a small group tuition class. Students will have to visit the tutor's specified location every week.
To sign up, just book now and lias with the tutor directly!
- Great savings. Enjoy $15 off when you book here.
- No credit card needed. Please make payment directly to the tutor.
- 100% Satisfaction. Improve your grades fast.
More Information About This Class
We hit exam questions from Day 1. This is to save precious time. Student is to be trained to be independent. Student is to be trained to follow inner instinct. All questions and answers are downloadable (with password) from https://score-in-chemistry-and-physics.weebly.com . All necessary notes are also downloadable from the same site. The textbook is only a tool. We follow the exam questions to better equip you for success. We believe in complete training from A-Z, but also with necessary shortcuts in between. The top objective is the grade, but with meaningful efforts accumulated. No free lunch!
Briefly, I hold a PhD from NUS in Materials Science, with about 5 years working experience in diverse roles in research. I was on scholarship throughout my postgraduate study, and have many international peer-reviewed publications in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology so far. I've also worked as a Program Manager for Energy Grid related thrusts in Singapore.
Based on experience in part-time tutoring since 2002, my approach is very simple, and because of that takes less time:
1) Provide last 3 years worth of relevant exam questions and answers. This will break the student into accumulating exam-skills fast. Have a set of notes ready for reference, but remind the student that referring to the notes only serves to accumulate content-skills with the subject.
2) Exam-skills are about twisting and turning the content gained in the subject (from notes and text) towards effectively answering the exam questions. It's obvious that exam-skills rank much higher than content-skills, for getting the desired grade in shorter time.
3) Exam-skill training also trains the student to follow his inner instinct, become less dependent on others, and overall approach life in a balanced manner with strategic targets in mind. At least it's a start.
My website for reference: https://score-in-chemistry-and-physics.weebly.com
Thank you very much in advance.